Egypt Study Circle Auction No.57|
Closing date for bids midnight UK time, Wednesday October 31 2018|
A warm welcome to our 57th “postal” members-only Circle Auction, which includes a large part of the superb collection of our
late Chairman, Peter Andrews, with spectacular lots among both stamps and postal history. There are just over 600 lots to
examine, so please take a moment to follow the list to the end. To make the search easier, virtually 100 per cent are illustrated
In the bottom part of the listing you will find an extensive collection of books on Egypt and its philately, taken from the collections
of two of our senior members.
Postage and packing charges may be incurred, on account of weight and difficulty of transport.
Importantly, please note that if you use postal services for sending in bids or cheques, the Auctioneer, Mike Murphy, has a new address.
He can now be found at 11 Waterbank Road, Bellingham, London SE6 3DJ
This is a members-only auction: material is offered by members to members, so those who have joined us get first chance to snap up the best items.
We are grateful to members who have offered material; without them the list would have been shorter and less attractive.
Please bear in mind that the Auction helps the Circle to survive, by taking a small commission on every lot sold. To offset that commission, postage is
generally free unless the item is bulky or heavy. Bids must arrive by post (please use the bidding form) or by email on or before
October 31 2018 to:
11 Waterbank Road
London SE6 3DJ
or e-mailed to
Please note below the bidding steps.
Bids arriving after the cut-off time and date will be ignored.
Invoices for winning lots will go out virtually immediately, by email if possible,and must be paid within ten days; if payment is not received in
that time, the offender’s bids may be cancelled. No lots will be sent out until the invoice has been paid in full.
Vendors will be notified to send in lots
sold: they must reach Mike Murphy within seven days of the advice.
For queries about delivery of lots contact
* Bids must be placed (and reserves set) within the bidding steps below. Bids not conforming will be rounded up (£5.50 will become £6.00,£25.00 will become £26.00
and so on)
* Prices are reserves rather than estimates; low bids cannot be accepted.
* Lots are secured at one bidding step above the next highest bidder. In a tie, preference goes to the earlier bidder (judged by postmark or time of email).
As material is not with the Auctioneer to view, and in any case it is not his job to adjudicate, bids specifying conditions will not be accepted.
* A buyer’s commission of 10% and a seller's commission of 5% will be levied to cover Circle costs. Postage and packing of lots won are free of charge unless
advised (heavy literature, for instance).
* Bidders are asked to make known any special posting conditions beyond our own insurance.
* All material remains with the vendor until “sold”, so buyers may return to Mike Murphy within seven days lots misdescribed as to fact or condition, for a
Please be fair: it is not easy to accept return of a mixed lot! If authentication is required, a note or phone call will reserve a potential refund.
Bidding steps: £1 - £5, 50p; £5 - £20, £1; £20 - £50 - £2; £50 - £100, £5; over £100, £10.
NOTE: BIDS NOT CONFORMING TO THE BIDDING STEPS WILL BE ROUNDED DOWN
| The bid form for Auction 57
can be seen here. |
A full breakdown of the bidding steps
can be seen here. |