Egypt Study Circle Auction No.58|
Closing date for all bids midnight April 29th, 2019|
A warm welcome to our 58th “postal” members-only Circle Auction, which includes lots from a dozen senior members as well as material from the
superb collection of our late Chairman, Peter Andrews, with spectacular lots among both stamps and postal history. Please take a moment to
examine the 550 lots and follow the list to the end. Virtually 100 per cent are illustrated
In the bottom part of the listing you will find an extensive collection of books on Egypt and its philately, taken from the collections of two senior members.
Postage and packing charges may be incurred, on account of weight and difficulty of transport.
This is a members-only auction: material is offered by members to members, so those who have joined us get first chance to snap up the best items.
We are grateful to members who have offered material. Please bear in mind that the Auction helps the Circle to survive, by taking a small commission
on every lot sold. To offset that commission, postage is generally free unless the item is bulky or heavy.
Your Auction Bidding Form can be found HERE.
Remember that bids (please use the bidding form) must arrive on or before MIDNIGHT April 29th, 2019 and
must be sent to:
11 Waterbank Road
London SE6 3DJ
or e-mailed to
Bids arriving after the cut-off time and date will be ignored.
Bids arriving after the due date will be ignored. Invoices for lots won will go out by email virtually immediately, though those with books
involved may take a moment to price up, and must be paid within ten days; if payment is not received in that time, the offender’s bids may be
cancelled. No lots will be sent out until the invoice has been paid in full. Vendors will be notified to send in their “sold” lots: they must
reach Mike Murphy within seven days.
For queries about delivery of lots contact
* Bids must be placed (and reserves set) within the bidding steps below. Bids not conforming will be rounded up (£5.50 will become £6.00,
£25.00 will become £26.00 and so on).
* Prices are reserves rather than estimates; low bids cannot be accepted.
* Lots are secured at one bidding step above the next highest bidder. In a tie, preference goes to the earlier bidder (judged by postmark or time of email).
As material is not with the Auctioneer to view, and in any case it is not his job to adjudicate, bids specifying conditions will not be accepted.
* A buyer’s commission of 10% and a seller's commission of 5% will be levied to cover Circle costs. Postage and packing of lots won are free of charge
unless advised (heavy literature, for instance).
* Bidders are asked to make known any special posting conditions beyond our own insurance.
* All material remains with the vendor until “sold”, so buyers may return to Mike Murphy within seven days lots misdescribed as to fact or
condition, for a refund.
Please be fair: it is not easy to accept return of a mixed lot! If authentication is required, a note or phone call will reserve a potential refund.
Bidding steps: £1 - £5, 50p; £5 - £20, £1; £20 - £50 - £2; £50 - £100, £5; over £100, £10.
| A full breakdown of the bidding
steps can be seen here. |