Postal bids should be sent to:
Old Tithe Hall
Nr Bishop’s Stortford
Herts CM22 7TF
Normal bidding by email or by post (please use the bid form) will take place up to midday on Sunday April 5.
At our recent AGM the Circle decided to make some changes, given that our noble aim of covering both PayPal charges and postage with the commission charged was no longer sufficient. From now on (including this Auction), those using PayPal will be billed a further 5% to cover their fees. A further amount will be added to the invoice to cover estimated costs of postage and packing. Those paying by cheque or bank transfer will not incur the 5% charge.
This PayPal surcharge will also be levied from 2021 onwards on subscription payments unless paid by cheque or bank transfer.
Your Auction Bidding Form can be found HERE.
Email or postal bids arriving after the due date will be ignored. Invoices for lots won by email/postal bids will go out by email virtually immediately, and must be paid within ten days; if payment is not received in that time, the offender’s bids may be cancelled. No lots will be sent out until the invoice has been paid in full. For queries about delivery of lots contact firstname.lastname@example.org
* Bids must be placed within the bidding steps below. Where possible, bids not conforming will be rounded up (£5.50 will become £6.00, £25.00 will become £26.00 and so on).
* Prices are reserves rather than estimates; low bids cannot be accepted.
* Lots are secured at one bidding step above the next highest bidder. In a tie, preference goes to the earlier bidder (judged by postmark or time of email). It is regretted that email/postal bids specifying conditions can not be accepted.
* Buyer’s (10%) and seller's (5%) commissions will be levied toward Circle costs. Postage and packing of lots will be estimated and added to the invoice. Those paying by PayPal will incur a 5% levy.
* Buyers may return within seven days lots misdescribed as to fact or condition. Please be fair: it is not easy to accept return of a mixed lot!
Bidding steps: £1-£5, 50p; £5-£20, £1; £20-£50, £2; £50-£100, £5; over £100, £10.
A printable listing of all the lots can be found HERE.