|Egypt Study Circle Live Auction No 54|
Closing date for bids midnight UK time, February 16th, 2017|
Welcome to our Latest Live Auction ... and we are grateful to the 18 members who have offered their material for sale – ranging in quality (and price) from breathtaking and outstanding to the last knockings of the dealer’s box – but, we hope, something for everyone. Please note below: to make life easier for all of us, the bidding steps are slightly amended.
We have precisely 189 lots, with over 180 of them illustrated on the website, and this is a very great step forward: if you can see what you are buying, you might be all the more tempted to go for it (or avoid it if you can spot an undescribed flaw!). It is our eventual aim to be able to illustrate each and every lot.
But in some cases it may not be necessary – and in this auction we have a novelty, with 54 lots – copies of L’Orient Philatélique magazine going back to the year dot – that are not given lot numbers or even full descriptions. Please bid on the issue number and date and we will sort out the winners. You will find these L’OPs between lots 378 and 379.
Please remember that the Auction helps the Circle to survive, by taking a small commission on every lot sold. To offset that commission, postage is generally free of charge unless it is bulky or heavy (books and other literature may require an extra charge to cover postage).
Remember that bids must arrive on or before February 16th, 2017 with
109 Chadwick Road
London SE15 4PY
or e-mailed to
* Bids must be placed (and reserves set) within the bidding steps below. Bids not conforming will be rounded up (£1.25 will become £1.40, and so on).
* Prices are reserves rather than estimates; low bids cannot be accepted.
* Lots are secured at one bidding step above the next highest bidder. In a tie, preference goes to the earlier bidder (judged by postmark or time of email). As material is not with the Auctioneer to view, and in any case it is not his job to adjudicate, bids specifying conditions will not be accepted.
* A buyer’s commission of 10% and a seller's commission of 5% will be levied to cover Circle costs. Postage and packing of lots won are free of charge unless advised (heavy literature, for instance).
* Bidders are asked to make known any special posting conditions beyond our own insurance.
* All material remains with the vendor until “sold”, so buyers may return to Mike Murphy within seven days lots misdescribed as to fact or condition, for a refund. Please be fair: it is not easy to accept return of a mixed lot! If authentication is required, a note or phone call will reserve a potential refund.
Bidding steps: £1-£5, 20p; £5-£50, 50p; £50-£100, £2; over £100, £5.
NOTE BIDS NOT CONFORMING TO THE BIDDING STEPS WILL BE ROUNDED DOWN